Travel Watch – Hospitality and Health Update
The safety and well-being of our guests, employees, and community is our highest priority. We will keep you updated with our efforts to ensure a safe and healthy experience as this recovery evolves. Our promise of a great escape remains – thank you for trusting us to be your home away from home.
Masks: While masks are not required, we encourage guests or staff who are more comfortable wearing them to continue to do so. In concurrence with CDC guidance, we encourage unvaccinated individuals to continue wearing masks in all public areas.
Safety and Sanitation
We have always maintained health and sanitation standards beyond those required by the Health Department and have increased our efforts to further address public safety concerns, several of our efforts are listed below. We will continue monitoring guidelines from health authorities and provide immediate support and training to our teams as needed.
- Robust sanitation protocols, with department specific procedures for all guest rooms, public spaces, and employee areas
- Ensure proper employee handwashing and hygiene.
- Comprehensive safety training for employees with frequent guest contact
- CDC approved sanitizers applied in every guest room and public area, with special attention to high touch items.
- Frequent disinfecting of all nonporous surfaces in public and communal areas
- Development of Sanitation Officer to ensure best practices and adaptability with evolving guidelines
- Sanitation stations are available in the lobby and public areas, and masks are available for guests upon request
Some of our traditional amenities are modified or suspended during this time.
- Lobby coffee & tea service are now available.
- Cookies and taffy are individually wrapped and available upon request.
- Our breakfast is available from 7:00 am – 10:00 am daily. Breakfast currently has limited seating.
- Our DVD library remains available, discs and cases are sanitized after each use. A list of our movie selection will be available online upon check-in, please call the front desk for availability.
- Newspapers, puzzles, games, and other high-touch items are available upon request. Please inquire at the front desk.
- Cannon Beach Yoga may be available for limited outdoor classes, please inquire with the front desk.
- Cannon Beach Fitness is available. Please inquire at the front desk about reservations.
- Our outdoor firepit is now available.
- A limited amount of beach chairs are available on a first come, first serve basis. Chairs will be sanitized between each use.
- Some of our Special Packages are available, while others remain suspended. Please inquire for details.
Safe and Responsible Travel
We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate this changing landscape together.
- Check – In: Our guaranteed check-in time remains at 4pm. If you arrive before 4pm, please call ahead to check the status of your room to help prevent congestion in our lobby. When you check-in, we ask that just one member of your party enter the lobby, and that person must be named on the reservation and bring a photo ID and credit card. Please note your license plate number, you will need this for check-in. If anyone other than the person named on the reservation will be arriving to check-in, please call ahead to make us aware.
- Payment: Credit Cards are accepted with visual check of photo ID. The Credit Card on file can be authorized without a physical imprint; if a different card is preferred, we are able to enter it manually without contact.
- Housekeeping Service: Routine stayover service is not provided but is available upon request. To minimize contact, we ask that you exit the room for the duration of the service. If you prefer to remain in the room, we ask that you maintain six feet of social distance.
- Maintenance Assistance: Staff is available for maintenance needs upon request. If possible, we ask that you exit the room while the issue is addressed; if it is not possible to exit, we ask that you maintain six feet of social distance.
- Social Distancing: Please follow recommended social distancing guidelines (six feet) when near other guests, in communal areas, and when interacting with our team.
- Community: Many of the services and businesses in our community have been affected by the pandemic or the current re-opening restrictions. Our team is happy to assist with up to date information on attractions during your stay. Our local Chamber of Commerce is maintaining an excellent list as well, please refer to their ‘Who’s Open’ page here: https://www.cannonbeach.org/shop-dine-local-covid-19/
- Check-out: A contactless check-out is encouraged. You are welcome to call the front desk when you depart, and we will confirm charges and email a receipt. Due to the increased demands in housekeeping and sanitation we are unable to accommodate late check-out requests.
- If you or any member of your party are sick or showing symptoms, please stay home.
We will remain adaptable and ready to respond swiftly with timely training and adjustment as guidance changes, keeping our commitment to your wellbeing, and that of our employees and community, the highest priority – along with the promise of a great escape.
We welcome your calls and inquiries if you have questions, concerns, or feedback. Thank you again for your continued confidence and support – we look forward to welcoming you soon.